Hi Scott – I hope all is well.
This morning on her 2nd birthday, I was walking my daughter down to the tot lot by the beach.
We stopped to check our mail at the post office and then continued down 15th toward Coast Blvd. I started smelling noxious chemicals – and then noticed one of the landscapers working on the corner (I assume it is City property) was spraying weed killer. Before we were overcome with it, I turned around went back up the block and crossed the street.
I have a few questions for you:
1. Were these workers there on a City contract?
2. Does the City know they are using chemical weed killers and spraying them in public without notice or regard to the environment?
3. Is the City of Del Mar ok with this?
4. Is anyone thinking about where those chemicals end up? Gutters, drains, sewers, beach and ocean ….
And most importantly,
5) What can be done to ensure that my daughter is never exposed to dangerous chemicals like in Del Mar again?
To Scott’s credit, he answered the email on the same day, saying the City of Del Mar takes these types of things very seriously and that he would look into it….. Continue reading “City of Del Mar Contractors Using Deadly Chemicals in Public Spaces”