Event tickets for the 2016 World Ski & Snowboard Festival (WSSF) are available for purchase as of today, February 1, 2016. With ticket sales formally released to the public, the official countdown to the most anticipated party of the year starts now. WSSF celebrates all things mountain culture and perfectly showcases the resort’s diverse personality and energy.
WSSF will take place . Ticketed events include:
· The 4th Annual Invitational Roller Derby Bout, a roller derby rematch bout featuring Whistler’s Black Diamond Betties and the Sea to Sky
Sirens from Squamish. The bout will take place in the Grand Ballroom at the Whistler Conference Centre on .
· Multiplicity presented by Mountain Life Media, a fundraiser for the Spearhead Huts Committee. Featuring unique presentations by some of the greatest storytellers and adventurers in the mountain kingdom. This event truly embodies the pillars of mountain culture and will take place on .
· Whistler Comedy Showdown, a packed line up of stand-up comics storm the stage on . Featuring comics from all walks of life, from newbies to familiar faces, the night is guaranteed to be heavy on the laughs.
· The OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown, a creative collective of the masterful minds behind the lens. Filmmakers have to shoot, edit, and produce a three to five minute short film within a 100km radius of Whistler over the course of 72 hours. The shortlisted finalists will show their work in front of an audience of 1500+ on with $10,000 on the line.
· The OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown 2nd Cuts, a screening of all the completed films submitted for the OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown will take place at the Whistler Conference Centre on.
· The OLYMPUS Pro Photographer Showdown, a signature WSSF event and the preeminent action sports photography event in the world. Four of the world’s best action sports and lifestyle photographers will be invited and flown in to compete this year with no pre-submission required. The fifth spot will be reserved for a Wild Card Entry whereby any photographer from around the world can submit a 3-minute slideshow for review. All five photographers will showcase their work on with the grand prize of $10,000 on the line.
· Intersection, a favourite event among Whistler locals, now in its sixth year. An action-sports filmmaking competition where ski and snowboard crews push the limits of their shredding ability and artistic vision. Five to seven teams will battle it out for $10,000 on . Film crews interested in competing in Intersection 2016 must submit an expression of interest no later than . More information available atwww.wssf.com/urlRewrite.cfm?q=
· Silent Disco, happening at the Garibaldi Lift Company (GLC) on . A party like no other, party-goers don a pair of headphones and choose from three DJs playing on three different channels and dance the night away.
· The END, the ultimate season-ending party where WSSF pulls out all the stops to wrap up the Festival with a bang. The party will be happening late night at the Whistler Conference Centre on . The END features electrifying DJs and sensory overloading sound and lighting systems.
· Best of the Fest, an overview of the highlights from the entire Festival, including the winning slideshows and films. All proceeds go to Playground Builders, a charitable organization that builds safe play areas for children in underprivileged or war-torn regions. Best of the Fest will take place at the GLC on .
The 2016 WSSF event schedule also includes a number of non-ticketed events, such as the State of the ART gallery and Opening Party in the Grand Foyer of the Whistler Conference Centre, the International Freeski and Snowboard Association (IFSA) North American Junior Freeride Championships, the Monster Energy Shred Show, and free daily concerts at the Fido Outdoor Concert Series.
Tickets to the events are now available for purchase at www.wssf.com.