Northwest business owners and executives looking to increase their knowledge of critical topics, including cybersecurity, business improvisation, leadership development and other important subjects are encouraged to attend the Walla Walla Business Summit on Friday, May 13.
Keynote presenters scheduled to appear at the Walla Walla Business Summit include the following industry leaders:
- Tom Schauer, a nationally recognized cybersecurity expert based in Bellevue will share insights on how business owners can protect themselves, their companies and their customers against cyberattacks. According to the Department of Homeland Security, small businesses are, in some ways, “at a higher risk of cyberattacks than larger businesses because they often have fewer resources dedicated to cybersecurity.”
- New York-based best-selling author Keith Rosen, a globally recognized authority on sales and leadership development. Rosen will educate Summit-goers on the topic of leadership with “Coaching People into Champions”.
- Portland-based business consultant Gary Hirsch, whose nationally recognized messages of how to “Innovate Like an Improviser” have helped drive collaboration and innovation at companies like Disney, Apple, Nike and Intel.
Held at the Courtyard by Marriott, Walla Walla’s newest hotelier, the full-day (8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) conference addresses a broad range of business trends and topics including technology, digital marketing strategies, talent recruitment and retention, and business financing. Cost is $159, and includes keynote presentations and all sessions listed below, along with morning coffee, luncheon and a wine reception.
2016 sessions include:
- “Social Media 2.0: The Latest Tools, Tactics and Trends,” with Dan Kinney, Owner, Full Bloom Digital, Portland
- “Rockstars: How to Find, Recruit and Retain Top Talent” with Shannon Bergevin, Owner, Express Employment Professionals, Walla Walla; Tammy Vincent, Express Employment Professionals, Boise
- “Strategic Business Communications” Pat McCormick, Partner, AM:PM PR, Portland; Brian Hunt, Publisher, Walla Walla Union Bulletin; and Pat Coussens, Senior Project Director, Todd Myers Communications, Seattle
- “The Bottom Line: 5 Key Ways to Protect and Grow it,” with Dave Elmenhurst, Principal CPA, CliftonLarsonAllen, Walla Walla
- “The Lifecycle of Business Financing” with Rex Baker, Commercial Loan Officer, Community Bank, Pendleton, and Joe Jacobs, Director, Walla Walla Small Business Development Center
Now in its fourth year, the Walla Walla Business Summit is produced by the Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce. For a complete schedule of events and to purchase tickets, visit www.wwbizsummit.com.
# # #